Monday, June 29, 2009

Tribute to Michael Jackson

*Acknowledging Rames.blogspot.com for the pic above*


I think that year was 1988-1989, when I was still warming up benches in my school there was a man who warmed up my heart by infusing the essence of dancing in me. The man was Michael Jackson. How I was introduced to Michael Jackson? Through Weird Al Yankovic, yeah the same guy who mocked Bad video. I was having the idea that he was Michael Jackson, but I got it all wrong. I asked my uncle who is a music lover, who is this guy? He told me that this guy is a jackass who makes fun of others. This video that he is dancing now is actually done by Michael Jackson. I continued asking him, “Who is Michael Jackson?” Immediately my uncle took me to his room and showed all the videos and played all of MJ’s songs.

I was stunned. Wow, can a human actually dance like this? How he did that? How he moved backwards? So many questions started running across my little mind, clueless on who is this guy and how can someone actually dance like this. At that time, I remember watching MC Hammer dancing, but it didn’t stay in my mind like how the moonwalk did. Every day I will finish up my homework’s just to watch Thriller video, Bad, Beat it repetitively without fail. Thriller was released in 1982, when I was a baby. I do have goose bumps when I listened to Vincent Price’s voice in Thriller until I reach my 20’s. Since then I started listening to all of Michaels previous albums and songs, and his videos without fail. Then slowly my dancing interest fueled up and I started dancing.

Life in fast forward, Michael Jackson may be someone that don’t know me personally, but my heart always have the highest regards for him. He is one man of determination, despite the numerous allegations and legal battles between him and some seed-brains, he kept on fighting and entertaining the world. You may not know god, but you will know who is Michael Jackson. Everyone from every part of the world recognizes him, in fact there were even a news where one part of rural Africa don’t know who Michael Jackson is, how he looks like, never heard of his songs in their life but they know what moonwalk is. Even though moonwalk was started off in late 1960’s ( yes, MJ is not the first one who’ve done it) but it was improvised and popularized by Michael Jackson. Growing up from a African American heritage, Michael Jackson became one of the first black American’s song to hit off the chart in billboard, videos being played in MTV, 500 million copies of record sales, 50 over millions copies of the album Thriller sold worldwide and many other. You can Google all about him.

Let’s forget about all the plastic surgeries that he did for himself, his child molestation case ( which was not true) It was blatant lie! The kid confessed recently over the news saying that MJ didn’t do anything to him, the boys dad asked him to lie about MJ just to make money, and the world believed him. Michael Jackson may not be here with us anymore, but everyone in this world actually cried for him including me. The last time I actually had tears was when my brother Mogan passed away and now for Michael Jackson. When I came into office the other day I heard the news and I was shocked. How can Michael Jackson die? He is immortal; he cannot die. He is Michael Jackson. I was watching live news from CNN all the way and Hitz.fm while driving back. The whole day was so gloomy and there were no sun at all. I never felt so sad for someone like this before, I switched on the radio and they played Wanna be startin something. That was one of my favorites since I was small. My heart was so heavy and my eyes starting tearing. Though I didn’t cried out loud, but I did teared for Michael Jackson. Why? I do not know. I just think that he shouldn’t have died in the first place.

The next thing I did was to call Sarath, and he couldn’t talk, he was so sad. Sarath is my best friend and he can actually dances like Michael Jackson when we were young. Sarath and me used to analyze how does the moonwalk work, and try to imitate that. We learned exactly how MJ would have done it. Yea, tell who don’t know the moonwalk or the thriller steps or even the beat it moves. The thriller moves are so famous that sometimes they will even play in the clubs where everyone will start dancing the exact same way like in the video.

Like the line goes, another day has gone, I’m still lone alone, how could this be, you are not here with me, I never say goodbye, someone tell me why, did you have to go, and leave my world so cold. MJ is no more with us anymore but he is always in one corner of our heart. Before this, even though we don’t talk or discuss about MJ, I still know that he was alive at one corner of the world breathing but now when you mention his name, he is history.
This was the exact thing what Kelvin told, another good friend of mine who couldn’t move his day forward on 26th June. In august this same date 29th would be Michael Jackson’s 51st birthday. I remember what Flava Flav said “God needed angels so one day he came and took Michael away to work for him” . In my life, I have met so many people who actually made fun of Michael Jackson, but I don’t care about what they say, because as far as I know MJ is one man who rocked the world. Even some of the artist now, followed the footsteps of MJ for instance like Usher, JT and many more. He initiated that sales of album through terrific music videos, brought together every human from every part of the world together. One of my favorites would be They don’t really care about us video, Billie Jean, You are not alone and many more.

So he we are, the world without Michael Jackson. I had a dream to meet him one day, but it didn’t come true. I know he is not dead yet, he will always stay alive in all his fans heart, his dance and his music for the world. Thank you Michael for being my dance guru, my inspiration. It is sad to think about how unlucky the next generation will be for not knowing you or your contribution. For the kids in future, you will remain history and but for all of us you will remain as how you are, Michael Jackson The King of Pop.

If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change. I’m starting with the man in the mirror – Michael Jackson 1958 – 2009

Rujjcoomarh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said for someone who knew the way to touch all human being...the language understood by all human..a languange that do not see color, race...a language called MUSIC...gifted yet mis-understood soul...by many so-called humans..at least the animals in his zoo appreciated him more..we know that he is where..he is well understood..njoy your new found heaven..Michael..u will always be with us..in our heart..singing and dancing...luv you..

-vanee- said...

Well said. Micheal Jackson's death is a great loss to the whole WORLD. MJ will live in our hearts thru his music forever.

Gunigugu said...

Nice Article Kop's,
Man in The mirror was my greatest ever song of all time 2nd to it was Earth song by the King Of POP him self..
My Favorite part from the article was "Immediately my uncle took me to his room and showed all the videos. " Which Videos and I hope he did not touched you in anyway. :)

Unknown said...

Very touching.. I feel you..

townguy said...

touching,

why no new post? still sad loosing MJ?lol. Life need to move on.

rujjcoomarh said...

sorry bro..working on a new post..

Anonymous said...

tats a real fan of mj, rite ther.....
thanks for the sharing..
he lives on as ever.......