Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Magnificent India – Day 2

It was so bright and the time was only 6.00am. I thought I got up late but when I looked at my watch the time was 6, damn. In summer, the days are longer and nights are shorter. Something different, especially in an Asian country. So there came 2nd day of my trip.

I realize that the people in the village will have a bedcoffee before they even brush their teeth. Ladies will be walking around with kudam to fetch water from public pipes. There is no more the hand pump type like those days, its tap now. They call it the nallathanni meaning good water or clean water. This is the water they use to drink and cook. Its free provided by the government. Oh not only that, in India, the education is free if you are studying in public schools or university, water is free, electricity is also free in some places. Today we just stayed in the village since there was a festival going on. A typical village temple festival, just like the on in the Paruthi Veeran movie. Huge chariots, approximately 50000 people with only 4 policemen. Yes I aint kidding, there was only 4 policemen to cover that 50000 people. I was thinking about thaipusam here in KL. They will bring down all the policemen in the country, then they will have FRU, thousands of RELA flers, not forgetting CID singarams who thinks they are James Bond and many more.

I made friend with a Sub Inspector, his name was SI Anbalagan. He actually reminded us of ACP Anbuchelvan, same style of talking and walking, stiff and strict, well educated and passion towards the job. I asked him does he get any problems from the politicians like how we watch in the movies, he said yes. But he is not bothered, for his 10 years experience they have transferred him to almost 28 police stations. I was stunned. We were stunned. He was so cool and said, what else they can do apart from transferring. Adding to that, none of the police there was actually smiling and giggling, there were all serious and tough. Tamilnadu police na kokka!
I met the panchayat head who is a retired civil engineer and yes he have 18 villages under his control. He proudly told me that in those villages there is no police station and sarayam shop (toddy shop). Even if a police would want to capture anyone they need to get this leaders permission to enter the village. Fuh, powerrr.. The it was evening and we were chit chatting with everyone there waiting for the chariot to move back to the temple.

That night there were concerts and pattimandram, exactly like Leoni’s one. The speakers were outstanding, they can sing, crack jokes, be serious, give message, you name it they can do it. It’s nice to see so many talented people there, unlike some horsedicks who thinks they are experts in what they do. But when you give them one dialogue to act, they will look at the script as though its written in French. Ok that’s another story for another time. I had my dose of valaka bajji, chili bajji and barota’s through out that day. Awesome food it was.

Did I tell you that I was riding bike while I was in India. Its Bajaj Pulsar and Yamaha. Pulsar is the same one that Dhanush rode in Pollathavan. Didn’t get the chance to meet any Dhivya or Ramya there.L

2 comments:

Vikna said...

lucky you didnt get the chance to meet Diyva or else Daniel Balaji will have the chance to meet you!!

So, it is true the phrase that they always use in the movie "Inthe 18 patti gramathele ........

Durai said...

Bro..pictures..pictures...and more updates bro..!