Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rally On Marginalisation - HINDRAF - In my neutral thoughts

Before I could start I would like to make my stand clear in this
matter. I'm not a member of any political party or politically linked
organisation nor with HINDRAF. All the write up below is solely from my own head, my own thoughts and I assume that I have the rights to say so. If you think that I'm not a good Indian or bad Malaysian, Im sorry but that is your opinion and I respect that. Please dont confuse yourself and my stand here, if you cant read on you may kindly leave. Thank you.


There have been so many articles and blogs on Hindraf rally which was held last Sunday in KL. So what was this whole commotion about? Hindraf claims that indians in Malaysia have been sidelined and marginalised to an extent where they feel that in all the sectors such as economic, job, education, business, politics etc, our rights are neglected. When I saw there is so many Indians attended that rally, I felt happy. Know why? Because all this while our own people have this perception that we fight among each other and not helping each other. Like 'nande kathey', we claim that why indians always wanna bring down another indian. Well when i attended that rally on sunday, I saw so many Indians hand in hand protesting together for the same aim (i guess). But why now? Where were all this indians all this while? Why when someone opens up the topic and fight for it, we just jump into the bandwagon. This is human mentality we call it.

You dont want to voice out what you feel like, when there is someone open ups the topic you just join in. Till when we are going to be like this? Is this because of fear or dont care attitude? I watched so many videos thanks to youtube, showing people shouting slogans and carrying banners and so on. Why the government break the temple which is 100 years, 50 years and so on. Let me ask you one question, what made you to wait for so many years of not registering the temple? Why not you register the temple? Simple, no initiative. If I were to ask the people, the point that they would give me is, those days people dont know how to do all this, they are not educated. Aren't you educated?

I had a small chat with my dad that day, well he told me a time where those days, where the illiterate indians will bring someone who can read and write to government office to fill up the form or pay the typist outside the government building RM2 to type or fill up a form. Where is that initiative to register your temple? The authorities did their job by sending the warning and notice to evacuate the land, but that was ignored. As typically, we have that feel and initiative to apply for licence, to apply for IC and patch the roof if there is rain water dripping in. Aint we?

When a new development being carried out, they will release a land notice seeking the people to evacuate, and some are given new place to stay. Everyone moves one, leaving the temple behind, and when they come to break, you break them. Do you know the case in Padang Jawa which they claimed that they broke the temple? Brother, its not only temple, the surau and also the 1000 plus houses torn down as well. Even in Kg Berembang. So how? Next time register the temple at least as a religious school or Hindu Sabha ( hindu society hall for prayers and religious classes)

When Hindraf fought for the rights of the Indians, I felt why only us? Why not we fight for the change in the system for the benefit of other race as well. That is the whole idea about right? Fight for a change in the system, because if you rally like this, its obviously can be tackled down like what has happened categorized as raising racial issue.

For those people who said so many things sending stupid smses, but on the day of the rally sat at home and watching Al Jazeera for updates, the only word which is coming to my head is Hypocrites. Saying Indians are not given proper education, know what, first reduce the crime rate, study hard, reduce elope cases and for god sake dont watch too much of drama serials. :)

Youngsters, go into politics and make the change!! Its easy to stand out and say that politics is stench and so on. If we dont get in and clean it up who else will? Yes all the youngsters despite any race, should join the politics, it can be ruling or oppositions. Join and give that fight. Be professional, be smart. Educate yourself with the constitution, that is the main reason why no one can challenge The Hindraf Trio's. Why?

Answer. Because they know the constitution by heart and not because they are lawyers. For each and every movement they can point out that articles, so have the constitution, learn politics. Get into it and fight, for the people, let the ballot box do the talking. That is the most powerful tool that we have a democratic country. If you are not satisfied vote your preference and i bet that is what is said by our politics as well. Anyone watched Ayutha Ezhuthu song - Jana Gana Mana? You see this is what I am talking about. Dont just sit back and talk, again I am not supporting any side. I'm very sad to see the way the police mishandled the participants of the rally. The Batu Caves incident made myblood to boil.

They were treated like animals, letting them into the temple and lock the gate and shoot the tear canisters and water cannon, end of the day denies all the fact that nothing was done towards the people. Are you joking or what!? Is this the way it should be? You know it reminds me of those communist era, even though I was not around at that time, my imagination is quite good though. Locking up everyone in crampped cage and shoot them. Brutally. As the matter of fact, I assume that have provoked the outburst and breaking of the gate at Batu Caves. After being in so much pain, the anger of an Indian shoots up easily which guided to that violent event. At this point of time, made us wonder where is the leaders of our community? Lets put ourselves in their shoe's, what you would argue about if you are in the leaders shoes for this incident. We are all aware of the freedom of the media here. End of the day, its the support and unity that we have. All this that I have stated above maybe provoking or in what ever sense that you want to classify it, its just my thoughts. I silently support Hindraf demands and the governments ruling but I think that we should do something as an individual, an Indian and as a Malaysian.

What have you done?

Lets stand united!

No comments: