Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nepali - The Review



Movie: Nepali
Director: VZ Dhurai
Music: Srikanth Deva
Cast: Bharath, Meera Jasmin

Before I watched this movie, I manage to get a glimpse of the movie on youtube by watching its trailer. I was so impressed to see Bharath in 3 different roles. At one part it reminded me of Dhanush in Kadhal Kondein. So I decided to watch the movie in theatres. So headed straight to PJ Lotus Cinema and sat just to watch first 10minutes of the movie without any sound. DAmNiT !! No one actually stood up to tell the operators that there is no sound so I walked and shouted at one of the 'ooru' fler "Anne, there is no sound. What the hell you are doing?"

Ok now the movie started. Let me cut this short, the subject of this movie is Sexual Harrassment. Thats it. But the way the movie was narrated is what impressed me alot. And mark my words, its 1000 times better than Bharath's Pazhani. There is 3 different Bharath, so from the beginning of the movie the director actually showed the perspective of 3 different person at the same time. Well I wont tell you how the movie goes in detail because you have to watch it in theatres. Its excellent.

Bharath's acting is superb and he potrayed his roles very well. If you watch closely, he has worked out alot to built his muscles and also his acting skills. So Simbhu, whats next?

The BGM was good and I didnt know that Srikanth Deva can make such good music. Musically you can hear a different Srikanth Deva. Next on the line is Meera Jasmin. But since I dont like her so I dont want to comment about her, because she was soo friggin irritating in this movie, in fact in any movie. Oh yeah, there is a bonus in this movie. YOu have to watch it to know it. But I will give you guys a clue, well in Sivaji they manage to rope in Suman and for this movie they manage to get in one more veteran actor. He was quite famous last time, used to be baddie, and even in this movie he is one.

In short, the movie reminds me of Ghajini here and there, like the part where the villain will smack Bharaths head with a steel bar, the revenge and why he is taking the revenge. Brilliantly the movie was carried forward towards achieving its objective on why Bharath is a killer and where is the sexual harrasment part comes in. Believe me.. you will not understand the movie till the last half an hour of the movie. So you will actually realise the whole thing at the last 30minutes of the movie.

Ok techically, I really like the cinematography. No stupid lengthy and punch dialogues. Camera works is really good, but there are some scenes which was abit long so its kinda boring. The song clips are well taken especially the first opening song for Bharath reminds me of Hritik in Dhoom. Same concept! The whole movie, there is three different colors that will be very visible to audience. Brown, blue and green. Mostly the movie will travel within the flashbacks, so we will be abit confused on which is which. Each of the jail scene will be mostly in brown. Music is ok, BGM was better.

So overall, in Nepali, the thing that you can look for is Bharath and his acting, BGM, cinematography. The minus part would be Bharaths hair in Karthiks role, Meera Jasmine *sigh*

You may ask why the movie was named Nepali when I dont see anything on Nepal or Nepali? Well its simple. Nepali is one small character in this movie which actually plays a big role in Bharaths life in Nepali.

So Rujjz rating for Nepali: 4/5 (just becoz of Bharaths acting skills and story!)

No comments: